25 March 2012

Rick-Rack Rib Scarf


Winter is over, but somehow, I find myself knitting more and more. I found the rick-rack rib pattern on YouTube and decided to try it for myself by making a scarf using a Greek sea coloured yarn. I thought it turned out alright, except I'm always kind of bummed out when the edges curl. For the most part, the scarf is flat, but the sides curl up a little bit. I also made one mistake...I didn't gauge how much yarn I had left at the end and had to use a different coloured yarn to do the bind-off. Whoops @~@

I'm probably on a knitting frenzy because I've been listening to a lot of books on CD recently. The most recent one gracing my ears is The Help by Kathryn Stockett. This book choice is an anomaly for me, because I enjoy books that have a little more action and adventure, but you know what? I'm actually enjoying the book. I'm on the second disc now. When it comes to audio books, I find that regardless of whether the book is good or not (when read in book form), the narrator makes or breaks the audio book. So, I don't know whether I would enjoy this book as much as I am right now if I was reading the hardcover or paperback edition, but as an audio book, it's pretty brilliant :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...