11 May 2012

Knotted Open Work Knitting for My Mama!



Variegated colour yarns are pretty awesome when doing knotted open work knitting. The above pattern is from The Weekly Stitch, except I did mine in a different order:

________________________________________________

Cast on 30 stitches.

Row 1: Purl
Row 2: K2, (YO, K3, then pass the first stitch over the second and third stitches)*, repeat from * to last stitch, K1
Row 3: Purl
Row 4: K1, (K3, then pass the first stitch over the second and third stitches, YO)*, repeat from * to last stitch, K2

Repeat these four rows until desired length.
________________________________________________



Since it's almost Mother's Day, I decided to do another one of these projects using a nice spring-themed yarn called Coraline by Red Heart under their TLC Essentials product line. It's just at the beginning stages but I've already made a small mistake @~@ Sometimes knitting really requires you to NOT multi-task because counting rows is important.


The following photo probably shows the mistake more clearly. If you look at the top of the photo, there's an extra purled row (compare the top to the rest of the pattern below it). Anyway, I don't think the mistake is big enough that it requires me to unravel the whole thing, and I guess I could go backwards and undo the last row of purl stitches that I did...except that I haven't quite learned how to do that yet. Undoing knit stitches is easy, but the purled ones are a little trickier @~@


Anyway, if you decide to make this, good luck! It's a really pretty, textured pattern. With the yarn I'm using, it probably can't be used during the spring or the summer, but if you use a thinner, summery yarn, I'm sure it would be great for spring/summer shawls or ponchos.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...