11 January 2013

2012: My Year of Legend of Zelda Crafts

It all started last summer with the Legend of Zelda Triforce Skull Cap. Actually, scrap that! It all started at the beginning of the year when I first found out that the Symphony of the Goddesses Concert would be held in my city. I just knew I had to do something, or many things, to commemorate the occasion! And thus, I made various Legend of Zelda crafts throughout the year, mostly as gifts for friends and family. Majora's mask, however, was made specifically for the concert. Alas, it never lived up to my original idea as wearable art. I'll explain in another post :D
Without further ado, I present the results of my year of Legend of Zelda crafts, in reverse chronological order:

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess t-shirt
This is the start of a Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess t-shirt. The design was inspired by EbilTom4t0's wallpaper.
Here's the finished version:

I have to tell you though, that it was quite difficult, and tedious, to paint these designs using fabric paint markers. The marker tips catch on little fabric balls on the shirt. Next time, I will buy fabric paint in a bottle and use a brush instead.

I knitted these triforce gauntlets (read: fingerless gloves) for my friend, and gave a card that said, "It's dangerous to go alone. Take these gauntlets." Nyak nyak! It was the first time I made gloves, so even though it didn't take as long as a scarf, for example, it still took some time to figure out how to finish the thumb gusset @~@

If anyone is interested, I used a pattern from Pandemic Apparel to make these gloves. I can't remember where I got the triforce pattern from, but if you google "triforce knitting pattern", I'm sure something will pop up :D

Here's a shirt I painted for my dad for Christmas, who isn't really a Legend of Zelda fan (gasp!), but is quite fond of fun, cartoon shirts:

I took the idea from this Dead Link shirt. If anything, the shirt's title should be "Death By Chicken". Tee hee. Anyone who has ever played A Link To The Past knows what it's like to make chickens angry.

Last shirt, promise! I painted this for my brother for Christmas. He's a fan of the game :D

I used gold fabric paint for this design, which was taken from an image I found on tumblr. If this is your design, please let me know so I can give proper credit.

This is the mask I made to bring to the Symphony of the Goddesses concert:


And finally, the craft that started it all:


I wonder what kinds of crafts this new year will bring...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...